Thursday, February 26, 2009

Schrödinger's cat, or soccer match as the case may be

West Ham has won.
West Ham has lost.


Both events are equally likely at this point. I was in a seminar during the match yesterday and had no access to the internet. Afterwards, I headed out to the Wednesday night poker game. While waiting for the South Carolina/Kentucky basketball game to start, I browsed through the Fox Soccer Channel listings and saw the match would be replayed at 3:00 a.m. E.S.T. Bingo! Now, I just have to make it through the day without going to the WHU website, any England news outlet, or this blog. I know if I do, that most of you have published recaps already and I would know the fate of the cat before I wanted to.

I am content to let the cat sit in its box a little longer, unknowing of its fate. I will work the day, head home with a stop at the grocery, enjoy my family's company for dinner, and help with a little homework. Then, I will head downstairs, sit in my favorite chair, and thumb the button that will let me know the fate of the FA Cup run for our beloved. I might even let the cat, Sally, sit on my lap.

C'mon!

No comments: