Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm a Gambling Man by Nature

I'll send a bounty to the first one to identify the movie from which the title of this post came.

David Di Michele and Herita Ilunga are on loan. A gambling striker and a needed left back. I can find very little information on Ilunga, but I hope that is due to his age rather than his skill. Di Michele has an extensive history and is know as a creative player. Of course, these are now 32 year-old legs that are trying to be creative.

I think I get Curbishley's reasoning for leaving. The sale of Ferdinand, the row with Neill after the game Saturday, and the general impression of the soft collapse the second half last year all contributed to an untenable situation. It all could have been worked out but it wasn't. So, what do you do? Move on to another spot.

Who is his replacement? The rumors sound good but I don't want to speak of it myself. I am sure the decision has been made. I'll wait with the rest of Hammer Nation for the announcement.

1 comment:

NakedReporta said...

Relax, would you? We have seventy dollars and a pair of girls underpants. We're safe as kittens.